Social media has changed the way that consumers and businesses interact with customers and new leads. You can reach new audiences, increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, and connect with potential leads. Now is the moment to make sure your website and social profiles are reaching the next generation and communicating your company’s value effectively.
Are you leveraging social media for your business? Lucky for you, Housing First Minnesota is all over social and we want to help you succeed online. Here are six tips to ensure you are effectively using social as a part of your marketing strategy.
1. Solidify your brand identity
This includes design elements like colors, fonts, and logos as well as tone of voice. Make sure social posts are consistent, align with your brand standards, and reflect your company’s unique personality.
2. Find the right platforms to engage your audience
Find out where your target audience spends the most time online. Whether you’re just focusing on Facebook and Instagram or trying out creative video content on TikTok, make sure you’re investing the most time into the channels that make sense for your business.
- LinkedIn is a more formal platform—great for business-to-business activity.
- Facebook and Instagram are photo- and video-centered tools that can help you reach and connect with customers.
- Twitter is a text-based platform most helpful for reaching the media and policy influencers.
- TikTok is a creative video app that’s a perfect way to reach younger generations and create some fun content.
3. Interact with your followers and respond to messages
Use social media as a tool to interact with your followers and potential customers. Liking, commenting, or replying to relevant posts keeps you engaged with your members and your finger on the pulse of what they’re up to. Plus, have a plan to actively respond to comments and address complaints.
4. Share what goes on behind-the-scenes
While finished homes, styled rooms, and product photos are great for showcasing your business’s potential, we’ve found that candid posts do wonders for engagement. Let your followers see what the day-to-day is like at your business or put the faces of your team members in front of the camera!
5. Drive traffic to your website or office
Leverage captions as a tool to prompt action from your followers. Include call-to-actions (like “Sign up for our e-newsletter!” or “Visit our showroom for more information”) and add links (to your blog, website, or specific landing pages) whenever possible.
6. Leverage Housing First Minnesota
If you are in the Parade of Homes, Remodelers Showcase, or Artisan Home Tour, submit your home photos to be featured on our official Parade of Homes accounts. For events and awards, we typically post blog announcements and send you personalized social graphics to share on your own channels. Plus, you can always tag Housing First Minnesota in your posts and stories and add #HousingFirstMN to bring more traffic to your page.
Have questions or want to connect? Email our social media coordinator, Sarah Hinderman, at email@example.com.