The to-do list for the legislature keeps growing. In addition to the E-12 Education Funding Bill, the Governor vetoed the Omnibus Environment Bill and the Omnibus Jobs Bill last weekend. On top of the three spending bills, the Governor also wants a bonding bill and a legacy funding bill for outdoors and arts projects.
What policies got vetoed?
– Buffer requirements for Agricultural Land.
– Study on Wetland Conservation Act Changes.
– Elimination of the Citizen’s Board at the MN Pollution Control Agency.
– A BWSR & DNR study of the feasibility of the state assuming administration of the section 404 permit program of the federal Clean Water Act.
– Workforce Housing Grant Program.
Many of these will come back as part of a special session deal. The Governor and Speaker Daudt have begun negotiations, it’s unclear what the timeline is for acting. A sprinkler repeal could re-emerge in special session, though it remains a very long shot given the Governor’s sustained opposition.