Our Mission: We partner to build safe housing for Minnesotans in need of shelter
Our Vision: End homelessness in Minnesota
What’s next for the Foundation
We do a fantastic job at advancing partnership-driven community build projects by constructing and renovating supportive housing for nonprofit organizations serving vulnerable individuals and families at risk for or currently experiencing homelessness.
As we enter 2023, the housing shortage in the Twin Cities metro will continue, along with skyrocketing rent and home prices, leaving many low-income individuals and families unable to afford permanent housing.
On any given day more than 5,000 people are experiencing homelessness within the seven-county metro, 56% of whom cite difficulty finding affordable housing as a primary contributing factor. This is a problem, and our industry has the capacity to do something about it.
We will be integrative, creative, flexible, and adaptive with our strategic focus in 2023 to support our mission of ending homelessness.
Our six focus areas in 2023
- Selecting the highest quality of homeless care provider agencies and the most appropriate construction projects to ensure impact.
- Ensuring the financial viability of Housing First Minnesota Foundation.
- Recruiting outstanding industry and civic leaders with the appropriate skills and passion for the support of our mission.
- Elevate the profile of the Foundation within the industry, with key influencers, and to an ever-broadening audience.
- Ensure fiscal soundness.
- Strengthening integration and collaboration with the Housing First Minnesota association.
The Housing First Minnesota Foundation works to build futures through housing for Minnesotans. We are committed to raising funds and leveraging the expertise and resources of Housing First Minnesota builder, remodeler, and associate members to create housing for people in crisis in our community.
Thank you to our Foundation’s volunteer leaders for their dedication to building futures through housing.